We’ve all had those awful haircuts at least once in our lives, you go to the stylist ready for the reveal of the perfect makeover you’ve been imagining in your head. But instead you find yourself sneaking out of the salon in desperate search for a huge hat and a pair of sunglasses to hide under.
If you are currently suffering from a bad haircut blues, there’s very little you can do when it comes to a permanent fix. You’re just going to have to wait it out till your hair grows to a reasonable length and you can get it cut again, this time by someone with better skills! However, there are some short-term fixes that can help minimise your agony till you hair grows out!
Tip 1: Straighten For Length
If you fear that your hair is now too short for your liking, here’s a quick fix that works really well: straightening it out with a flat iron. Straightening your hair out can add an inch or two to the length, depending on the natural texture of your hair.
Make sure you use a proper heat protectant spray and avoid straightening your hair every day. Try to keep it to a couple of times a week, at most. Use a moisture-locking serum to keep your hair healthy and shiny.
Celebrity #1: Emma Watson
As of late, it seems like celebrities all around the globe have caught the pixie haircut bug. We have seen countless of starlets who once had long bountiful locks, suddenly opted for the chop. If you’ve been pondering over whether or not to jump on this hair trends bandwagon, first take a trip down memory lane and let these celebs help you make your mind up.
Remember when our jaws dropped after Emma Watson cropped off her hair back in 2011 following the end of her decade-long run filming the “Harry Potter" series. She went from sweet girl Hermione, to a pixie-cut young lady with an edgy style.
Celebrity #2: Miley Cyrus
Next on our pixey-do list is Miley Cyrus, who obviously also of caught the bob bug. When the former “Hannah Montana” actress was photographed sporting a short, platinum blonde pixie cut in place of her long locks, fans of the Disney star were shocked. Since then she has sported the punky undercut shaggy crop, and rocked the daring close-cropped asymmetric style.
After seasons of super-sleek styles and high-tech straightening technology, hairstyles have traded flat irons and smoothing serums for amplifying mousses, curling tongs, and hot rollers. Think the Victoria Secret kind of hair, the bigger hair, the sexier. It shouts confidence and elegance. But whilst some are blessed with bountiful locks, other’s need to work a little harder to get such volume. But so the saying goes, fake it till you make it.
From supersized ponytails, to bouncy blow-dries, keep reading below to find out all you need to know to take your hairstyle to new heights.
Tip 1: Keep Trim
If you thought beauties like Gisele Bundshen and Rosie Huntingway wake up every morning with that beautiful hair, think again. It’s all about attention to detail, and the very first thing to consider is having the right cut. This is the main key to adding fullness to your hair. The rule of thumb is; 70 percent of your hair should be your baseline to keep it thick through to the bottom, and the other 30 percent should be light layers to build body. And if you’re extra brave, opt for a blunt fringe to add fullness to fine hair.
I Got The Job!
Want that job? It’s not just your resume that speaks volumes. Employers read way more into your hair than you realise, and the tight hairdo might just help you get a foot in the door.
Unless you’re applying for a job at a hair salon, you might think that interview prep involves touching up the highlights of your CV, not in your hair. But your hair plays a surprisingly big role. Because it’s so visible, your hair us one of the first things people notice about you when you walk into a room.
Based on your hairstyle, length and colour, a potential employer will make assumptions about everything from your health to your personality, and before you shake their hands. While a perfect blow-dry will never make up for less than admirable job qualifications, and hair can overshadow positive ones. Here are our tips on how to make you mane work for, and not against you.